Buy Mānuka Honey Online
Important Certifications to Look for When You Buy Mānuka Honey Online
Not all mānuka honey is created equal, that's why it pays to be selective when you buy mānuka honey, online or in-store. At 100% Pure New Zealand Honey, we passionately create premium, small-batch honey products. Enjoy the finest handcrafted honey that's also environmentally conscious when you buy mānuka honey from us. Our quality promise also means transparency, as such, consumers can trace their mānuka honey purchase, which is 'Unique Mānuka Factor' (UMF®) certified.
Fast Facts About Mānuka Honey and Why Buy Authenticated Products
To appreciate what makes mānuka honey extraordinary in contrast to other kinds of honey, you have to take a journey through nature. Here, we take a moment to understand the origin and process behind New Zealand's famous mānuka honey.
- Honey vs mānuka honey. Honey's beneficial antibacterial properties are a result of hydrogen peroxide. This unstable chemical compound degrades over time due to light and catalysing enzymes. Consequently, the management of hydrogen peroxide levels in honey is unreliable, and thus its benefits and potency inconsistent. By contrast, mānuka honey's unrivalled antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties result from dihydroxyacetone (DHA), a compound found in the mānuka flower's nectar. As mānuka honey matures, DHA gradually converts to methylglyoxal (MGO), and it is this compound that the UMF® test assesses.
- UMF®. As a trusted standardised grading system, the application and use of the UMF trademark signify the product's adherence to these standards. This test assesses the batches' quality and purity by evaluating the presence and potency of DHA, MGO and Leptosperin. The varying presence of these chemicals, as well as their relation to each other, gives each batch a score. This number is printed on the bottle and represents a seal of approval and confirmation of strength.
- The mānuka flower. In centuries past, wellness therapies would include a lot of flower components. The mānuka plant is no different, with mānuka extracts being used as an intestinal worming medicine and as an antibacterial poultice by the Maori. It's the antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory qualities in these flowers that bees transfer into their honey. The potency of each mānuka batch is dependent on climate as well as the mānuka plantation's DHA levels and area covered by the plantation in relation to the beehives. Additionally, the flowering season is relatively short. It varies between regions, with the mānuka trees in Northland flowering for only for 6 to 12 weeks. While mānukas in Taranaki flower for less than six weeks.
A Guide to Our Selection of Mānuka Honey Available Online
We've made authentic mānuka honey you can buy online more accessible. Our honey mānuka shop offers a curated collection of tasty products for you to enjoy.
- Raw and delicious. Sourced from top producers across New Zealand, the elements naturally influence our honey's flavour profile and colour. We believe it's these variations that make each batch unique and enable us to achieve industry honours, such as our 2019 ApiNZ Award Winning Honey title.
- Matured to perfection. To optimise the conversion process of DHA to MGO, mānuka honey stays at a constant temperature of between 22 – 37°C over 12 to 22 months. Meaning every batch is delicately created for you to savour.
- Handcrafted and pure. We've formulated the Pure Flow™ process, an artisanal creaming method using pure seed honey. This technique gives the honey a velvety texture and richer taste with no nutrients lost.
About 100% Pure New Zealand Honey
We are trusted suppliers of genuine New Zealand mānuka honey in Australia. Experience the benefits of some of the rarest and most sought-after honey in the world with next day delivery. Browse our selection of mānuka honey products or contact us for more information. Alternatively, trace your mānuka honey today through HoneyID.