Best Mānuka Honey in Australia
The Best Mānuka Honey in Australia Carries More than Just Good Taste
Mānuka honey has been used as more than just a food source for a long time, as it is said to contain natural healing properties. 100% Pure New Zealand Honey is a reputable supplier of the best mānuka honey in Australia and fully certified with the UMF.
Creative Ways to Use the Best Mānuka Honey
Mānuka honey is unique as its antibacterial properties sets it apart from traditional honey.
- For years, natural healers have used Mānuka honey on burns and wounds. This honey offers antioxidant properties and supports maintaining a moist environment for the wound while providing a protective barrier to prevent microbial infection.
- Mānuka honey may help ease a sore throat. Not only does it reduce inflammation, but it also creates a coating on the lining of your throat for a soothing effect. Honey attacks the harmful, pain-causing bacteria and provides welcomed relief from a scratchy throat. Honey has also been used as a natural cough suppressant. Mānuka honey may even decrease harmful oral bacteria that causes mucositis, a common side effect of radiation and chemotherapy.
- Our product may help to reduce digestive issues such as constipation, diarrhoea, abdominal pain and irregular bowel movements. It can also support the treatment of gastric ulcers and may prevent alcohol-induced gastric ulcers.
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, Mānuka could assist in keeping your skin free of bacteria which can accelerate the acne healing process. It can help improve your appearance by balancing your skins’ pH levels and help remove dead skin cells that could block your pores.
What You Should Know About the Best Mānuka Honey in Australia
Our range of mānuka honey is certified with the most recognised regulatory body in the industry, the UMF. Certain manufacturers claim that their product is the real deal, when in fact it is not.
- Over eighty percent of worldwide sales of honey are fraudulently labelled as ‘Mānuka’. This honey may contain little to no mānuka nectar and may have been topped up with cheaper, regular honey or supplemented with corn syrup. All pure mānuka honey is not created equal, and only some varieties contain dihydroxyacetone (DHA) in the nectar. Bees transform the nectar to methylglyoxal, and this compound gives the mānuka honey its antimicrobial properties.
- Specific label names and numbers can be misleading in describing the purity of mānuka honey. Some manufacturers use a pollen count to determine the purity of the nectar source, which can be misleading in two ways. Firstly, the pollen from the Mānuka flower is very similar to that of its close relative, the Kanuka, which contains no antimicrobial properties, therefore making this a flawed test. Secondly, even if the pollen count is high, the honey may stem from a region which does not produce DHA, meaning that the honey has no unique properties other than good flavour.
- The only certification you can trust is UMF which is an independently tested certification. It is directly proportional to the methylglyoxal content of the honey and its antimicrobial properties. Our range is UMF certified, and our batches easily traceable.
- There is no such product as cheap mānuka honey. The plant is scarce, and difficult to harvest as the flower is only open for twelve days, so it is much harder to produce than traditional honey.
Why Trust 100% Pure New Zealand Honey Regarding Mānuka Honey
We are a trusted supplier of genuine mānuka honey in Australia that is fully certified by the UMF. To receive the benefits of high quality, Multiflora Mānuka honey, contact us today.